Charlotte, our counsellor, holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Criminology and Masters Degree in Holistic Psychological Counseling from School of Social Work, Roshini Nilaya. She began her career as a counseling psychologist for 2 years and then worked as a Child life practitioner at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore for 8 years. She has represented India and is an award recipient of the 31st Annual Conference on Professional Issues held at Denver, Colorado United States by Child Life Council.
Her role as a Counseling Psychologist includes:
- Specializing in grief counseling
- Mastered in case management
- To Organize workshops for parents, teachers and children and hosting guest lectures.
- Certified handwriting analyst
- Certified art therapist
- Conduct psychological assessments when needed in order to help the client in a holistic approach.
- Achieved a practitioner certification program on NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Program) and CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy)
Ms. Charlotte believes in holistic healing as that has always proved beneficial and durable in an individual’s life. Having practiced as a counseling psychologist for decades she highly recommends and advocates for a family time which in return helps in an overall development in a child’s life as well as for the members in the family. Apart from practicing as a counseling psychologist, she also teaches psychology for PU humanities students which includes sharing professional experiences with students and bringing together the theory and practical information to students in a package that helps in understanding the subject matter in depth. In order to provide students with an opportunity to showcase their learning, a student practitioner program was implemented, which can also be termed as a peer support group.