Shoba, our counsellor holds a Bachelors in Psychology from Women’s Christian College, Chennai and Masters in Counselling and Guidance from Madras School of Social Work, Chennai. She also has an MBA from Carlow University, USA. She is a certifiedPlay Therapist and utilizes play, children’s natural medium of expression, to help them express their feelings. Some of her work includes:
- Research on the effect of psychological intervention on the self-esteem of adolescent students.
- Individual and group counselling to help improve self esteem and interpersonal skills of students.
- Worked in a clinical setting for family counselling.
- Conduct parent child workshops and also help parents who are seeking therapy to address issues related to their children.
- Training on management of people with neurological impairment from Spastic Society of India.
- Certified Tobacco Cessation Counsellor from Department of Psycho-Oncology at the Cancer Institute of Chennai and American Lung Association.
- As a trainer, she conducts webinars for parents and has also conducted workshops related to Child Safety, Good Touch and Bad Touch in various schools.
- Provide self help related training curriculum for various organizations.
- Organize programs with psychological assessments to make individual personality profile for students to identify the right career path.