Advice from three students of Grade 6
“I get very nervous due to the exams. I take all my textbooks and read through but there is not a thing I understand. This time, I am getting stressed because the first exam is Social Studies and I find it very hard. Here’s how I deal with my stress – I drink some water every ten minutes to cool down. My father makes me cycle a bit cycle a bit every day so that I feel energized. I study for three or four hours daily. I sleep for eight to nine hours every day.”
– Akash Kumar
“My very strong opinions on how to deal with exam stress:
- Always start studying a month before the exams, that way you cover all the portions.
- Always drink a glass of water to keep you awake and talk about stress to your Moms.
- Revise, Revise, Revise!! Before the examination starts.
- Never have any bad feelings about the paper.
- ALWAYS remember – “Keep calm and concentrate hard.”
- Have good feelings about yourself!
- Never study too much. Always keep time for leisure activities.
- Most important – when your mind stops working, STOP studying. Otherwise, you won’t understand anything.”
– Anushka Jain
“I am really stressed about exams. I know what to do now – I’m going to my friend’s house, so I can study with him daily or a few times a week. He can help me with my doubts; or else, I’ll ask my teacher. It is really hard for me to remember things, so I will use the time on the school bus – which is usually wasted, to study like anything. I’m going to improve my time management – by memorizing the important points properly and clearly. I will read the chapters and the questions very carefully so that in the exam, I don’t waste time wondering what to do for this or that answer.”
– Rishi Panguluri